Thursday, May 24, 2007

Broken

My new tool at work is broken again. I call it "working the kinks out" but it gets frustrating to have it go down every time I try to do a test run. This time it was more my fault than not, but while the fault I caused has been fixed, there is a new fault that won't clear up. So I'm in wait mode. Which means I should be writing documentation but I decided to do a quick post before getting back to that.

Despite having perfect health on paper, I'm still having a problem with energy. I don't get restful sleep, as a rule, and it really messes with ones system to be exhausted all the time. I've been having good days and bad, but the bad have been ganging up on me since at least March. I've tried to boostrap my way out, but I also need to get treated. Acupuncture is the only thing I've found that works, so I'm doing that, although to date the results in CA have been less than great. I was doing so well with this in Boston, it's one of the biggest things I worried about with the move.

Anyhow, I've found a new acupuncturist. She doesn't do the massage thing, but she does speak English so it's working out. I saw her monday and she gave me these instant ginseng tea packs to try. I'm not sure if it's the acupuncture or the plaster and dirt flavored tea, but I've had energy all week. I haven't fallen asleep on the couch once - nor have I had the urge. I have energy after work to run errands and call friends, I have energy to burn.

This week is so different from the last few, or rather the last many, weeks that it's like I'm a new me. And more like the me I know and love. It makes me realize that I've been running closer to disaster than I thought I would ever let myself get again. It scares me not just a little to think about it too much. I've been having a lot of frustration with myself lately when I think about how much I don't do. But this explains AND excuses most of it. It's like the hood came off, the weight was lifted, the sun started shining, and now I want to do things again.

So 3 quick good things:
  1. Appear to have found winning combination for health and energy that will work for now.
  2. It's group lunch day.
  3. I have a ton of data from the now-it's-broken / now-it's-not tool that I can play with. And the energy to play with it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I get the drags I know my stress level is up, or it's a dreary day and sometimes (with the stress) it's my bp that's gone up with it.

Hate feeling that way.

Glad you're feeling better.

S