A fellow blogger alerted me to an update on author Jenny Crusie's personal blog, Argh Ink. She's written a great New Year's post about "indulgences" before moving on to resolutions.
I'm going to flop her idea around a bit and do my indulgences now, since I already did the resolutions. On the happy news front, some of them overlap.
- Read! Yep. I read romance. I read a lot. I particularly like
- Suzanne Brockmann
- Jenny Crusie
- Julia Quinn
- Catherine Mann
- Mary Balogh
- Barbara Kingsolver
- and many, many other authors move in and out of the top 10.
- Suzanne Brockmann
- Blog! I have a tendency to be wordy. I like to talk. Sometimes I care about having an audience but not always, which makes blogging great for me. But still, it feels more like self indulgence than cheap therapy.
- Remodel my kitchen and and bathroom. Buy a new sofa/couch/davenport. This will be done on a budget but after 10 years of renting, I want to rip something apart and rebuild it the right way. Those spoon drawers will be a thing of the past. And it might involve buying more power tools. I seriously want a compound sliding miter saw, but might have to content myself with a table saw with a router mount.
- Take gratuitous walks on the beach. Translation = date.
- Pay for cable. I love design shows on HGTV. Dirty Jobs and Mythbusters on Discovery are also great. Food TV. I will occasionally watch Network TV because of That 70s Show reruns, but I think I'll have to rent a couple seasons to catch up with the Gilmore Girls.
3 good things for today:
- I stayed awake and alert at work all day despite VERY screwball sleep last night - most of it on the little, old, squashed couch. The rest of the night was spent tossing and turning. Gah!
- I did my exercise after work like I should. I'm not sure if this makes me happy so much as it makes me relieved. I really hate my love donut, though.
- Email. I was able to email a couple people to relieve the worry about the sleep. And they put up with it! Thanks cyberpals!