Sunday, January 7, 2007

Pump up the Volume

I got another response to my query about how to wordsmith my Match profile. It included a cautionary tale about paying attention to the first email one gets. The negative example was a guy who put his car radio on loud and went for a drive to deal with stress and frustration. Just to show how different people are, I thought this sounded pretty perfect. I just managed to go a respectable speed up the Camarillo grade in my freshly washed Mazda3 while blasting my new "The Killers, Sam's Town" CD. It felt fantastic!

I particularly like the song "Read My Mind" with the phrases "happiness soaking my spine" and "I don't mind if you don't mind, 'cuz I don't shine if you don't shine". For some reason I love both the music and the lyrics, and I could listen to it over and over and over and over. In fact, I'm doing that now while I download it onto "The Brain", my IPod. The chorus is reminiscent of a favorite band "Honest Bob and the Factory to Dealer Incentives", but really, bunch of scruffy guys coming up with this stuff makes me teary eyed, as I rock hard.

Other good driving favorites: The Beasties!, The Donnas, The Psychadelic Furs, Blink 182. For calmer stuff, I like Anna Nalick and all sorts of things. In fact, The Brain is mostly filled with mellow tunes, come to think of it. And the one about dying her hair orange with "Tangerines." Makes me smile every time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you finding it theraputic to talk to yourself??

S.

CrankyOtter said...

Yes. Still feels very self indulgent, but I burn hot and fast then get over things. I guess I get over them even faster if I vent here.