I don't think I'll do justice to picking just 3 good things about last year, but I'll try.
- I got out of my old job, got a new job, and pushed RESET on my whole life by moving to Southern CA. It was a good change. Especially now that I have my own glass tools and a friendly studio to rent time in.
- I bought a condo. Now I can wreck whatever I want to and paint the place orange.
- The new James Bond movie ROCKS! I so wanted to like the Pierce Brosnan Bond movies, but the scripts were terrible and the movies were unwatchably bad. But Daniel Craig struts his stuff in and out of a new Dinner Jacket, and it's a wonderful thing to behold. In fact, I think I'll go behold it again. I should be sending out Holiday Cards - I wrote the insert letter and everything - but Bond! Bond!!
And I suppose I'm going to have to list a couple resolutions too.
- Really do a good job at being a Process Engineer. Work proactively, set up solid processes, improve what I can improve, and work collaboratively with my colleagues to solve the trickier problems. I want to really understand my tools and how they operate and error proof them as much as possible.
- Turn the glassblowing hobby into a business that makes a profit.
- Pay attention to my happiness and realize that that means being fit and healthy and interactive. I'm going to keep exercising, and try dating a lot more. And keep up with friends and family.
- Remodel the kitchen on a really tight budget. I keep thinking that I could make cabinets. How hard could it be? Um...
Happy New Year all!