Friday, March 16, 2007

Would you, could you, with a goat?

Things that made me smile today:
  1. How does it feel, Sam I am?

  2. I had a blind date at lunch with a former co-worker of my only good friend in town. He looked like Lou Ferrigno only not green. And he's more of a Luddite than I am so he'd be out as a potential home IT guy.
  3. Happy Hour! Though I did have to buy the first round of margaritas. That thing I complained about someone else doing last week that tweaked me so much? I kinda did to my boss's boss. I'd been working with my boss nearly every day to get a presentation done for this morning. I stayed late last night to make sure it was polished. I get to the meeting first thing this morning to present it and my boss asked, "Did you tell X about this?" Uh? No. It is our policy that we don't surprise him like this. In my defense, he was out of town most of the week, it's kind of a weird project in that I feel like an assistant, not a lead on it, so it didn't occur to me that it was my role to tell him. And unlike with my complaint, he was at the meeting to see the data and be in the discussion, and the news was good. But I still screwed up. And apologized.
Good weekend coming up. Got the books I've been waiting for, have 2 booksignings to go to and am meeting up with people both sat and sun. And finish up an outfit for the big band dance in San Fran next weekend.

No comments: