Saturday, March 17, 2007

Tea for Two

And two for brunch. Finally got to see my good friend who tends to be very busy. We had brunch and hit a used clothing shop that had a poodle skirt and cool shoes in my size that she convinced me will be the basis for my swing dance outfit next weekend. It was a beautiful, beautiful day. We walked all over, up and down hills. Got ice cream (her) and a smoothie (me) and checked out architecture and plant life after a little more shopping. Good stuff.

Missed the S.uze Or.man booksigning, but did snag a signed stock copy for my friend. I figured it was better to spend the time hanging with a friend than going to the store by myself, even if half the town showed for it. Still had difficulty tracking down Catherine Mann's latest, but finally got a copy at the B&N. Tomorrow is the Robert Crais booksigning. I'm meeting up with at least one, possibly two people from my online book club for the signing, then doing dinner afterward.

Well, I have 8 books newly stacked on the TBR (to be read) pile. And it's St. Patty's day and I hear a Newcastle Brown calling my name.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My TBR pile is reaching epic proportions, and it grows more every day. I must spend more time reading!