This week is different though. I've got all sorts of good things going on - three days in a row of good things, in fact.
- Today I got my hair done by a lady I think* will be a keeper! It was starting to look frizzy and frumpy and I didn't like the last cut anyway. I got a recommendation from a SWE member and I like the new lady. Even better, her price is reasonable for a cut and color. At about half what decent places in my town cost it's worth the drive to Ventura. Plus, she understood both the color I was going for, did a good A-line wedge, sent me to a tasty Indian food place, and picks a banjo.
- My new oven comes tomorrow!
- I have a date on friday! Yep. I got a phone call at lunch today from the guy at the hardwood shop who scrambled to get me veneer scraps for free and selections of baseboards and moldings to check out at home. He didn't have a big plan worked out, but I told him yes and he's going to get back to me tomorrow with details. He's a very positive person, from what I know of him, and cute. A little shorter than me, or about the same height. We'll see how that works.
That takes care of the hat trick of stuff to do at night. Additionally,
- Spring has sprung! The fleurs are blooming. Iceplant and some shrub or other.
Which is nice except for the pine trees using my car as a holding place for their sexual excess. The clean stripe is what the car looked like two days beforehand.
(The only thing I now miss about my old car was its ability to blend with just this pollen color, thus not looking dirty again 30 minutes after a wash. Except I never really washed that car.)
- I picked up my cabinet hardware
- I dropped off my tax paperwork with the accountant on monday, he gave me the number of a part time bookkeeper and I'm meeting with her on saturday. I need to find an organizer too. Or a friend who will badger me into organizing and help me when I'm stuck. Or a date...
Actually, I'm not making plans to date contractors etc... to get the reno done, but it did help to wear a low cut shirt to the home depot. Just saying.
* The only non-keeper part of the hairstyle is that the hair dye once again was rough on my scalp (new brand) and I will have scabs. Maybe if I take allergy meds before the next color? I will post pics after I'm able to wash it once as I still have a lot of residual color around the edges and if I try to take it off, it'll uncolor the roots next to my face. So. Friday.