- My brother and I were yakking on the phone again. At some point he wound up flipping through the pay per view channels while we discussed dating verses booty calls and SAtS8 and subsequent commentary was part of the dramatic reading that ensued. That boy cracks me up.
- I have been listening to Into the Storm on an mp3 audiobook signed by the author. The inscription says "Enjoy Patrick as Izzy" because Suz was channelling this narrator's voice when writing one of the main characters. Izzy and Jenk and friends remind me of my brother and his posse - same age, same banter, same physicality but in better shape. Bro was telling me about when he last played tackle football with younger friends. While he was the only guy to catch the ball every time, he was so slow that the scrawny guy in geek glasses was able to give him turf burns on his cheek and a bleeding nostril. On each side, in back to back tackles. He's old enough now to afford professional dermabrasion instead.
- Work went well. I got a "Thanks" award for $100. A cost savings team I was part of saved 4X what we were asked to save. (This project also netted me the thanks vacuum cleaner.) The people who were supposed to process my wafers actually did. I have a process for my new tool. And I didn't have to scramble to update my bi-weekly "projects update" file because I had updated it as I went along for the first time ever. There were pretty charts and everything.
- Lunch was not lonely! The past secretary for our SWE chapter met me for a data transfer. I am the new
suckersecretary. We had a good chat, and since she works next door at Amgen we made plans to make plans for lunch more often, and a nice walk after work! She reminds me a lot of a good friend from Boston who could talk me down off the cliff at lunch. Only not a foodie.
- I learned a new mashed up word: adorkable!
- Other people told me about good things going on for them - new job interview, new coffee, solid everyday goodness.
- Lots of blog traffic. Thanks everyone, I love comments!
Wednesday, September 12, 2007
Sluts Across the Street 8
Because "Sluts Across the Street" 1 through 7 were AWESOME! CrankyOtter is courting an NC-17 rating today. Because it was a good day.