Tuesday, February 13, 2007

straight up

Happy things (going back to basics, less whining)
  1. Got through most of my action items for the day at work and got excused from a meeting I had hoped I wouldn't have to go to.
  2. I managed to stay awake tonight long enough to exercise. I did my BodyRev bootcamp workout in 2 sections, but had to watch the abs stuff because I fried my back yesterday. (Tried the tanning my way to a better attitude option and the salon didn't do a good job recommending the correct time. I'm just enough pink to make twisting or laying on carpet not so much fun.)
  3. Chatted with my brother. Turns out we both didn't like doing proofs in math, and we both thought of that today. Strange, but cool.
    Going to pop in 2 more that came to me.
  4. Also got to chat with a good friend from Boston last night. Needed that. I miss my friends. And this one is very insightful about lots of things. I learn a lot from her and we have fun.
  5. Dirt. My dirty little vice for when I've had too many design shows. Although a brief google search for any viable link seems to indicate that I'm the only one who likes it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Geez, you didn't call me :(..... :) :)

Ironically, proofs didn't bother me. Now permutations and combinations....

Which is why I would never be a good gambler.

Lemon Stand said...

I can't remember the last time I had a tan. I know it was before my oldest was born and she will be 16 this year. Man, I need to get out more. Now that I think about it, I'm surprised I haven't grown fangs...

Shasta MacNasty said...

sorry about your tanning drama. umm..better luck next time? :::shrugs:::

i've heard that Dirt is actually a really good show. i've never seen it, but i don't watch much t.v. at all.

and is it wrong that when i clicked the Dirt link and looked at the pictures, i was stunned by how everyone has old looking hands compared to their faces? except cortney. she's the only one air brushed within an inch of her life on her entire body. :)

CrankyOtter said...

farmwifetwo: you do proofs, I'll memorize things. It'll work great.

lemonstand: tanning is fairly new for me. I shunned it in HS as something people only did to suck up to popular cliques, but finally tried it out a couple years ago to pre-tan as a guard against burning. It not only worked fabulously, but I felt *great* about myself afterward. I've been reading up on it since then and vitamin D from a reasonable level of UV exposure is good for bones, colons, and attitude.

Shasta: Thanks for stopping by! I am trying really hard not to write a comment for every single post you have so I don't seem too scary. As for those hands - yikes! Good catch. Personally, I'm having fantastic luck with Oil of Olay Total Effects lotion. Can't recommend it enough. I'm hoping that enough stays on my hands to work some good magic. I have the same hands as one of my great great aunts, and while that's cool, I know how gnarly my hands will look like if I live to be 87.