Thursday, October 25, 2007

Not Rhoda

Just a quick update. The winds are slacking off, and the fires with them. The nearest one to me is the Ranch fire that is mostly confined to wilderness, although was approaching a little town on tuesday. It blows smoke our way in the afternoon, but is otherwise not threatening my physical space. (There was a closer fire, but it was stopped so fast we didn't hear about it until afterward.) I stopped wearing the respirator on tuesday morning. I did take pictures of the smoke in the sky, but haven't had a chance to post yet.

For those unfamiliar with the Gashlycrumb Tinies, it's an Edward Gorey alphabet poem. I use it to practice Cued Speech for speed. Rhoda was consumed by a fire; I was not. And thankfully don't appear to be in danger of it any time soon. Thanks for all the well wishes, everyone!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad to know you are OK. :)