While I plan to learn from my mistakes (maybe after making them again :) I felt genuine joy today that I would like to remember more. I don't mean to gloss over or ignore the suck - and I try to work it in if it's something that's lingering. I really am not Pollyanna. But given the choice to record fleeting joy or fleeting funk, I'm making the conscious decision to focus on the good stuff more often than not. Kind of like practicing something in advance so it doesn't feel weird when it's time to do it for real, I want to be able to find good things everywhere, even if I'd rather not not answer this incoming phone call from work right now. (Stupid tool ate 2 more wafers.)
At any rate, enough of that:
- I needed to update my boss on my projects, so I put the stuff in power point and we went over it and all my projects made progress and are on track. And the "incidental" followup got a positive reaction too. We discussed the timing of my projects determining one is fast and then another one faster, but she went back and revised the "fast" due date recognizing that "faster" has the higher priority. She's so positive and reasonable, I feel better after I talk to her.
- I sold most of my pumpkins.
- While I need another book like a hole in the head, I got my free copy of JC/BM's "Don't Look Down" in the mail today.
- The colleague who mother hens me about eating right and exercising thought I was looking trimmer despite the lack of exercise. I'm trying not to overeat, but with limited success. I got some free pie today.
- Once I get packed and sleep a bit, I have 8 hours of work then I'm off to the bay area for a long weekend.