Using the "pound nails into the wall at likely intervals" method, I've located the studs for my cabinet mounting needs. They're a little strange; the middle one doesn't appear to go straight up, and they are extra solid - I'm hoping they're wood and not metal, or I need different mounting options. I think I'll drill a test hole to see what the drill bit pulls out for me. I spent about 40 days and 40 nights sorting through screw options at the Home De.pot monday night and got some good options, although none are self drilling. And I think that to get the correct cabinet height I may need to turn the outlet sideways. I hope I can do that without too much fuss.
But this time change is kicking my ass. Above and beyond all my usual sleep issues, waking up an hour or two earlier than normal tends to make me feel sick. On vacations back east I had pretty good luck taking Lunesta. Maybe I can get more of that until I adjust. After turning into a cranky freak at my SWE meeting and failing to take decent notes (which is bad because I'm the secretary and it's my job to take notes) I realized at dinner that I almost fell asleep in my plate due to the time change.
And it was sad that I had such a cranky, sucky end to my tuesday because work went great yesterday!
- I got proof of concept for a thruput idea which now looks more promising.
- My diva tool ran smoothly with the larger wafers and I was able to get my test wafers run and measured without excess fuss. (Monday was a cussfest to set up the measurements - people gather'd 'round for the show. I've been trying not to swear at work, but they were egging me on...)
- Along with my test, I got the wafers prepped for the next engineer in line who needs my films as a base for his.
- Obama took Mississippi and Wyoming.
- And ok, my day didn't have a totally sucky end - it turns out the place I got pizza serves Red Velvet cake and I had to get some to pull out of the sulks.
Well, back to drilling holes in the wall and hoping it doesn't damage anything I can't fix with spackle.