Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Yum

Huh.  I was in need of food, and leftovers were pretty much all there was unless I wanted canned food or cereal.  I nixed the leftover pizza because I had it for dinner last night and lunch today.  Pulled carelessly out of the freezer two containers yielded deliciousness.  One was half a pork tamale from the farmer's market vendor I ate with hoisin because I have no BBQ sauce.  The other was a hotdish (once I microwaved it) that I wish I'd written down how I made it because it was delicious, especially since I was expecting frozen leftover hamburger helper.

Here's what was in it:
  • egg noodles
  • stewed tomatoes
  • fresh shitake and oyster mushrooms
  • ground meat, probably buffalo
  • cauliflower
  • kale (not much in the frozen servings as it doesn't reheat well)
  • maybe some celery 

I have only vague memories of making it, which is why I'm pretty sure they were stewed tomatoes and not just canned plum toms.  I probably topped the original with frozen shredded cheese (mozarella and TJ's parmesan), but I didn't bother today.  Sometimes I can cook! I could even serve that to guests. If I could remember how to make it, and ask people to come over.

No comments: