Friday, April 9, 2010

Who are the People

I stopped at the local bar on the way home from work, and apparently looked friendly as I got an offer of a free BBQ sandwich if I stop by a grill tomorrow, and a "you're my new friend, I like your energy" from the other side.  Uh Ok. I was just happy because I got a raise.  Yes, in this economy.  Of course now I can't use the "woe is me there have been no raises in 2 years" sob story to refinance my mortgage, but I'm not complaining!  I did get some of my MSRA refund and the NYC trip is paid for from money I (gasp! shock!) saved up beforehand.

Now I just need to get back in the swing of things and really rock out the next couple of months at work.  Right now I have a lot of freedom, but if I use that freedom to get ahead, things will be muuuuuuch better than if I don't.  In about a week, week and a half, I'll be in charge of the highest profile project in the fab (not the hardest, just the highest profile), so I need to be prepped for that and not farting around with stuff I just didn't finish when I had plenty of time.  So I *might* work a little this weekend while I'm 8 kinds of motivated. Or I might decide to drive down to SD and watch the Superfrog Tri.  Haven't quite decided.

Plus, I'm reading Patricia Briggs, Eileen Wilks, and picked up some Pamela Clare to check out.

And wow, I totally have goldfish brain (enabled by the 4 rum Tropical Storm) because MY NEW TOASTER CAME TODAY!!!  Dude!  I have a toaster!  It has the elusive long slot, it didn't cost the earth, it's white like my kitchen, it toasts, AND it's funky! Thank you eBay. The toast ejects out the bottom of the super thin design. Oddly, the thing came in a box that was 2'x2'by 6".  Most toasters wouldn't fit in the thing, but this does, with room for packing.  I dig it.

2 comments:

Oh Miss West said...

I'd like to see a picture of this Jetson-esque toaster. It sounds equal parts awesome and unbelievable.

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

We are with West-let's see a picture othe toaster. And while we would like to urge you to be a good worker bee, we also think the Frog Triathlon thingy sounds like much more fun.