Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Suboptimal Prime

I see my allergist every week for shots. (5 shots per week, if you're curious, and I'm currently the only one in the office getting that many.) Every so often he checks in on my other stats. This last week it was weight and blood pressure. My blood pressure is genetically low; I've never had to worry about it. My weight though, trends high. This year I'm the biggest I've ever been. I've been trying to watch it since my surgery, and have super intentions of exercising every day that haven't so far turned into super workouts, but I'm doing more than I was.

At any rate, the news isn't as bad as I thought. I porked up when coming to CA, but I only porked up by 3 pounds since last year, which for me is within the weekly noise. The groovy part is that my current weight is a prime number. I think I'll set a weight goal of a lower prime number and see if I can hit that next month. (I mean new year to be healthy about it...) From there I'd like to get to the prime number that eluded me during SEAL camp training - I plateaued about 2 pounds over it for 8 months.

That's what's been on my mind recently. Now to come up with a better plan than "go to the gym tonight".

No comments: